Discover what the OPI does and how it is related to the ICAC.
Although the ICAC Act separates the OPI from the ICAC in terms of its functions and powers, in practice, the two offices operate as one. The OPI and the ICAC have the same leadership team, the same website, and they meet annual reporting requirements as one organisation.
The OPI plays an important role in relation to the receipt of complaints, reports and disclosures made about public administration:
- It provides the point of contact for anyone wanting to make a complaint or report under the ICAC Act.
- It provides the point of contact for anyone wanting to make a complaint or report about SA Police.
- It is responsible for overseeing the way SA Police manages complaints and investigations about the conduct of its officers.
- It is a relevant authority for anyone wanting to make a disclosure of public interest information under the PID Act.
- It is responsible for overseeing public interest disclosures.
The OPI will be the primary contact for most people who have made a complaint or report about public integrity.
We will acknowledge that we have received your complaint or report within two working days.